Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My conductor could speak no stretched on the floor

Go down 
AuthorMessage
c19900103
CAFGU
CAFGU

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2011-02-22

My conductor could speak no stretched on the floor Empty
PostSubject: My conductor could speak no stretched on the floor   My conductor could speak no stretched on the floor Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 4:41 pm

My conductor could speak no Malay, so we walked on in silence for an hour, when we turned into a pretty good house, and I was asked to sit down. The head-man of the district lived here, and in about half an hour we started again, and another hour's walk brought us to the village where I was to be lodged. We went to the residence of the village chief, who conversed with my conductor for some time. Getting tired, I asked to be shown the house that was prepared for me, but the only reply I could get was, "Wait a little," and the parties went on talking as before. So I told them I could not wait, as I wanted to see the house, and then to go shooting in the forest.
This seemed to puzzle them, and at length, in answer to questions very poorly explained by one or two by-standers who knew a little Malay, it Tiffany Sets came out that no house was nike outlet ready, and no one seemed to have the least idea where to get one. As I did not want to Moncler shop jackets sold online are much cheaper trouble the Rajah any more, wearing Moncler outlet it jacket is no clumsier and it is with slimmer curve I thought it best to try to frighten them a little so I told them that if they did not immediately find me a house as the Rajah had ordered, I should go back and complain to him, but that if a house was found me I would pay for the use of it. This cheap tiffany jewelry had the desired effect, and one of the head-men of the village asked me to go with him and look for a house. He showed me one or two of the most miserable and ruinous description, which I Tiffany jewelry at once rejected, saying, " I must have a nike outlet store good one, and near to the forest." The next he showed me suited very well, so I told him to see that it was emptied the next day, for that the day after I should come and occupy it. On the day mentioned, as I was not quite ready to go, I sent my two Macassar boys with brooms to sweep out the house thoroughly.
Back to top Go down

My conductor could speak no stretched on the floor
Page 1 of 1